Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default In Excel jow do I solve for X in X^1.5?

If I understand the question
In A1 type the word Length and in B1 enter the value of L
In A2 type the word Overflow and in B2 enter the value for O (1.5)
In A3 type the word Flow; in B3 type =3*B1*B2
(Press the ENTER key after you have completed typing in each cell)
If the formula is Flow=3*L*(O^1.5) use =3*B1*B2^1.5

Please return with clarification
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Shawn" wrote in message
I have a formula for finding the flow over a horizontal weir. ( gpm = 3 *
weir L ins. * overflow ins. 1.5th) I want to set up an Excel formula to
give
the result as the overflow inches. ("X" in "X^1.5") How do I do that?