Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WendyHB WendyHB is offline

Default Possible to extrapolate a value based on formatting?

Sort of reverse conditional formatting?

I know it's really stupid, but I'm helping out w/a legacy spreadsheet - a
list of IDs which have been 'hand-colored' one of three fill colors based on
one of three possible status codes (which codes are maintained in a
database). (Trying to talk them into a simple report or at least a data
extract from that db, etc., but....!)

ANYWAY - bottom line, in the interim: is there a way to check the formatting
to infer a value, headed toward counting totals for same, e.g. - count all
cells filled
red, count all cells filled yellow.

Thanx for your time!

Wendy HB