Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Help with defining names

If you want to edit the named formula *within* the InsertNameDefine
refedit ***press function key F2 first***. This puts you in edit mode and
won't insert cell refs when you navigate the refedit with the arrow
directional keys.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
Is there some way to give a formula with a name without having to
manually retype the whole thing? I have a big formula that works
perfectly, and I'd like to define it as a name so I can use the
formula in several different places. I can't paste it in the Define
Name Refers to: box and it's too long for me to type in manually
without making an error.

I should mention that the sheet I'm using now has the formula
functioning this way (as a defined name), but the formula has changed
and editing it is impossible because I can't scroll through the
formula to change values without inserting cell references.

TIA