Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
teepee[_3_] teepee[_3_] is offline

Default apostrophes

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
You have to select the range to correct before you run the macro.

And the macro removes the apostrophe at the front of the cell that forces
excel
to treat the entry as text.

I guess I don't understand what values you're starting with and what you
want
them to look like when you're done.

Doesn't seem to work then.

The object of the exercise is that I have a file called
www.xxx.com/1/results.csv which my sheet reads from.

If I close that file and open www.xxx.com/2/results.csv the links will
continue to hunt around for the original file.

But if I close the first file, copy in links like ='results.csv!$B1 and then
remove the apostrophes, they marry up to the new file automatically. I've
done this before so I know it works. But it's a bit of a dark art figuring
out how.