Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RichardSchollar[_2_] RichardSchollar[_2_] is offline

Default Add-In Visibility

Along the same vein as what Ron has mentioned - and this always
catches me out - have you named the module in which the function
resides to be the name of the function? You want a distinct name for
the module, otherwise this error results.

Richard

On 13 Feb, 14:11, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 05:19:01 -0800, Trent Argante

wrote:
I've written a user-defiend function, meant to be called from a cell via "=",
have put it in an .xla file, have loaded the .xla via Tools | Add-Ins, but it
is not visible to the cell unless I include the module's name. *The formula
box "sees" it but doesn't interact with it:

* Doesn't Work: =AverageB(rRng,sLower,sUpper).
* * * * * * Works: =mdlAverageB.AverageB(rRng,sLower,sUpper).

I don't think this is a coding issue, but in the following, the declarations
haven't been included for brevity's sake:

Public Function AverageB(rRng As Range, sLower As Single, sUpper As Single)
As Single
' TPA:DC.J(254).CSR():20080123W1807E:20080123w1842e
* For Each r In rRng
* * *' Standard Average for future reference - is not returned by fnc
* * *intCount = intCount + 1
* * *sglSum = sglSum + r.Value

* * *' Bound Average
* * *If r.Value = sLower And r.Value <= sUpper Then
* * * * intAvgBCount = intAvgBCount + 1
* * * * sglAvgBSum = sglAvgBSum + r.Value
* * *End If
* Next

* ' Standard Average for future reference - is not returned by fnc
* sglAvg = sglSum / intCount 'Returns std Avg()'s value

* AverageB = sglAvgBSum / intAvgBCount
End Function

Grazie,

I presume when you write "Tools/AddIns" that you are referring to the menu
selection in Excel.

That being the case, in my limited experience, the reason for the behaviour you
see is that there is a naming conflict. *Perhaps there is another AverageB
function defined in some other open Workbook.
--ron- Hide quoted text -