Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ttam78ouch ttam78ouch is offline

Default Formula for subtracting multiple meter readings for usage tota

Thank you . . . worked great!

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

You have to put the first values in B2 and D2; but then

Put this in C3 and copy down... =IF(B3="","",B3-SUM(C$2:C2))

Put this in D3 and copy down... =IF(D3="","",D3-SUM(E$2:E2))

Rick

"ttam78ouch" wrote in message
Is there a formula I can use to subtract meter readings to show usages.
For
Example:
A B C D E
1 Date Meter1 Usage1 Meter2 Usage2
2 1/1/01 25 25 10 10
3 1/2/01 30 5 26 16
4 1/3/01 30 4
5 1/4/01 36 ?
6 1/5/01 39 3 40 ?

In the crude example above the meter readings are manually put in where
the
usage formulas were IF formulas. However I am trying to get away from
using
IF formulas or nested IF formulas since I have no idea how many blank
entries
there will be in a row nor do I know when there will be blank entries?

Does anyone know of a formula (not a macro) that can accomplish this
perplexing situation?