Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Default Workbook

Have you thought of including a worksheet (hidden) in that workbook and
providing a macro that would create a new (visible) worksheet based on that
hidden sheet?

Pugs wrote:

I would just like clarification. If we were to have a branded workbook
template available for our consultants to download and use at a client site,
in order for new sheets to be inserted into the template with our branding in
the header/footer, they would need to download and save SHEET.XLT into the
XLSTART folder of whatever machine they're located at?

Is there any other way to have that branded header/footer show up in newly
inserted sheets without overwriting the SHEET.XLT on the machine they're at?
Our consultants often get assigned a client owned computer when they are at
client sites.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:
You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

--

Dave Peterson