Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eddie Ortiz Eddie Ortiz is offline

Default Removing Special characters in Excel

Hello Everyone,

I have question on how to remove chracters in my excel spreadsheet. I
exported my contract list from Outlook to an Excel spreadsheet and I need to
upload this data to a different database but I'm having problem because the
data i exported contains special characters. In the beginning of each cell
there is a character ' that shows up but only shows up in the formua bar
and the if cell is selected. also there is another character that show
randomly in each cell a thats looks like a box with a question mark inside
it.

I need to remove this characters before i can upload this data. I have tried
the Find and Replace feature with no success. I have also tried the CTRL-J
trick it eliminated the hard returns but not the special characters.

If there is anyone that can guide me, i sure would appreciate it. Thanks you
in advance.