Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Earliest/Latest Date Query

Terry,

Your preference of course, but perhaps, just as an experiment, see whether
you get the same results using the pivot* table approach
outlined in my response

What I find that the pivot also does so easily, natively, as part of its
output, is to dredge out the all important uniques listing of vehicles (or
whatever) in the 1st col

*I'm not saying its better than the arrays that Biff suggested. It took me
longer to outline the steps than it will take for you to execute it
(it'll take a couple of seconds at the most to create the pivot)

Don't just pass up the pivot approach, give it a try, see what it can do for
you.
--
Max
Singapore