Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] BanjoHead@gmail.com is offline

Default Click on single cell, multiple cells are selected.

This is definitely software related and widespread. We are
experiencing the same issue here on spreadsheets created in older
versions and then opened in Excel 2007. I was hoping MS Office Service
Pack 1 might address the issue. Has anyone else tried installing that?
It doesn't seem too promising but I figure its worth a try.

It was very difficult to find this discussion on the topic, much less
anything from Microsoft. Has anyone seen information on this
elsewhere?

Dave

On Feb 11, 10:25 am, Mark Ryan
wrote:
Thanks Don,

this problem appears on every machine I try it on with office 2007 -
regardless of hardware differences. this is definately a software issue
related to selection of cells in page layout view with spreadsheets created
using previous versions - as stated in my earlier submissions.

unless every mouse in the company has an objection to working with old files
in page layout view mashing my mouse will probably only make things worse :-)

"Don Guillett" wrote:
Beat up your scroll mouse by tapping on the wheel. Don't be nice. Also,
sometimes the f8 key can give similar results.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Mark Ryan" <Mark wrote in message
We have the same problem here with some of our spreadsheets.

when you click on one cell excel highlights the cell you seleted and 3 or
more below it in the same row! editing works as though you only have one
cell
selected.

it gets worse though!......

if you zoom in a bit you select more cells with each click - zoom out far
enough and it works fine - you only select one cell with each click - i've
spent some time trawling the net to no avail.

It doesn't seem to affect new wokbooks only ones which have been knocking
around for a while - but i don't feel like starting from scratch with the
hundred or so template files we use here!

I am yet to find any acklowledgment of this issue from microsoft.

F8 and mouse drivers and office 2007 SP1 seem not to make any difference
whatsoever.