Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
jv_chile[_2_] jv_chile[_2_] is offline

Default "internal margin" and axis offsets (excel 2007)

I'm trying to build my graphs/charts to exactly the size thet will be
inserted into word, to meet formatting requirements for my thesis and
maintain text sizes between excel and the final document. (for example,
specify my text size in excel, then copy over to word without having to
resize, and thereby maintain that text size). This means that my graphs are
actually smaller than the standard size, but at small text size the labels
look too far away from the axis, and I'm trying to find a way to decrease
that distance.

So - I guess the better question is: how do I build a graph in excel to meet
a specific size (dimensions & text size) when inserted into word?

Any suggestions?

"Andy Pope" wrote:

The Line axis will be category type whilst the xy-scatter is interval (true
values).

Although why that should make a difference I have no idea.

Why do you need to increase the offset?

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"jv_chile" wrote in message
XY scatter

you are right, I just checked out line graph, and it gives the option
there.
So why can't I bring up the same option when using an XY scatter graph???

"Andy Pope" wrote:

What chart type are you using?
I tried it on a Line chart.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"jv_chile" wrote in message
Hi Andy, thanks for your reply... but, ummm.... no there isn't.

The fields a
Axis Options
Minimum
Maximum
Major Unit
Minor Unit
Values in Reverse Order
Logarithmic Scale
Display units
Show display units label on chart
Major tick mark type
Minor tick mark type
Axis labels (this is the closest thing, but still not quite right -
only
options for putting the labels above or below the chart, not to specify
the
offset)
Vertical axis crosses

Nothing about distance to the axis. Any other suggestions?