Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default #Div/0!

Windows 2007?

Back to the problem..........

Trap for divide by zero error.

=IF(A1="","",B1/A1) entered in C1

will leave C1 blank if A1 empty and B1 has a value but leave C1 with a zero if
A1 has a value and B1 is blank.

=IF(OR(A1="",B1=""),"",B1/A1)

will leave C1 blank if either A1 or B1 is empty.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:15:01 -0800, myssieh
wrote:

Good afternoon...

I am running Office 2007 on Windows 2007. Is there a way to keep #Div/0!
from showing up. The cells are currently blank but will be populated
eventually. We want as much automation as possible by going ahead and

Thanks in advance for you help, I really appreciate it...
Myssie