Laurel

Is there a file type "worksheet?" I explained that I'd tried SAVE AS to
..xls and that didn't work. Is this something different?

"Lady Layla" wrote in message
Only way to change a csv to a xls spreadsheet is open it in Excel then
Save as,
and change the file type to worksheet

"Laurel" wrote in message
: How can I change a .csv spreadhseet to a regular .xls spreadsheet? I've
: tried SAVE AS, choosing .xls as the file type, but that doesn't work.
When
: I open the new .xls file, it's still in comma delimited format. If this
: sounds strange, please see details below.
:
: For years I've been downloading my credit card statement. The choice I
pick
: is "excel .csv". The file that gets downloaded has a .csv extension,
but
: when I open it, it is in standard .xls format. That is the items are in
: cells, not enclosed in quotes, and not separated by commas. I'm not an
: Excel user, typically, so I didn't think anything of it.
:
: Today, however, two things changed.
:
: 1 - Instead of downloading to my PC, asking me where I wanted it saved,
it
: just opened up the spread sheet. I had to explicitly use the Excel SAVE
AS
: option to get it to store on my PC.
:
: 2 - The format was what I would think a csv file should look like, that
is
: items were enclosed in quotes and separated by commas.
:
: I've inquired of the credit card company (e-mail -waiting for answer),
as it
: would seem that something had changed, but maybe not. Since I installed
SP
: 2, who knows what it might be contributing to the situation.
:
: TIA for any advice on any of these issues.
:
: