Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dana DeLouis Dana DeLouis is offline

Default Creating a custom formula

Sum[F(n-1)+{F(n-1)*Y}] for n = 1 to (B - A) and F(0) = X

Hi. You didn't quite define your F( ) function, but if I understand it
correctly...

= (x*((y + 1)^(-A + B + 1) - y - 1))/y

--
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis

"axr0284" wrote in message
I am a newbie at excel so I would like to know How to do the following.
Cell A1 would contain 1 date A
Cell A2 would contain a second date B
Cell A3 would contain a number X
Cell A4 would contain a number Y
I would like cell A5 to contain a formula that will perform the following
recursively:
Sum[F(n-1)+{F(n-1)*Y}] for n = 1 to (B - A) and F(0) = X

so if n = 1 to 20, it would iterate 20 times first using X and then the
that
result in the next iteration and so on until n=28. Then it would display
the
final result in cell A5.

I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Thanks for any help,
Amish