Ron de Bruin

Hi

First of all never save to a floppy this way.
Always save to C:\ and copy manual to A

Try this

Sub Sheet_CSV_File_2()
Dim wb As Workbook
Dim strdate As String

strdate = Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss")

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("CSV Data").Copy
Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
With wb
.SaveAs "C:\" & wb.Sheets(1).Range("E1") & " " & _
strdate & ".csv", FileFormat:=xlCSV
.Close False
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Husker87" wrote in message ...
Short follow up... btw this worked great. I changed the C: to A: so I could
save it to a disk. Here is my follow-up... can I change your code that
names the file to include the content of a cell on the CSV Data sheet? For
example the user has to enter a unique number into a cell "E1" on the CSV
Data worksheet. I would like the name of the CSV file to start with that
number in "E1" then followed by the date like you wrote it. Is that
possible?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Try this one to save the file in C:\

Sub Sheet_CSV_File()
Dim wb As Workbook
Dim strdate As String
Dim Fname As String

strdate = Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss")

Fname = "C:\Part of " & ThisWorkbook.Name _
& " " & strdate & ".csv"

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("CSV Data").Copy
Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
With wb
.SaveAs Fname, FileFormat:=xlCSV
.Close False
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Husker87" wrote in message ...
I have a workbook with several worksheets. I want to record a macro that
will save one tab, "CSV Data" as its own csv file to another location. Any
ideas?