Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RJ Swain RJ Swain is offline

Default Validation Question

What would I need to put in for range?

"JP" wrote:

A Worksheet Event could handle this. This code goes into the Sheet
module where your data resides. See http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm
for placement help.

Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Value = "N/A" Then
Range(Target.Offset(0, 1), Target.Offset(0,
2)).Cells.ClearContents
Range(Target.Offset(0, 4), Target.Offset(0,
5)).Cells.ClearContents
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

HTH,
JP

On Feb 8, 3:05 pm, RJ Swain wrote:
The list I know how to make, I wanted to know if the user was to select
something on the list like N/A, how I can make it wipe out certain values in
other cells.

"ryguy7272" wrote:
Most of what you need to know about Data Validation is right he

Ryan--

--
RyGuy

"RJ Swain" wrote:

First off, thank you all for your assistance with this question.

I am making a database and in a cell I am using the validation list option
for the following selections:
SAT, UNSAT, N/A

My question is this, if the user selects N/A is there anyway for a set of
cells to blank out, so they are not part of another calculation?
example:
cells: M1 N1 O1 P1 Q1 R1
SAT 4 4 2 2.00 100%
N/A - - 2 - -

I would like the N/A option from the list to blank out cells so when we
calculate percentages the N/A catergories will not affect the overall totals.- Hide quoted text -