Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RobN[_2_] RobN[_2_] is offline

Default Error with closing the Excel file

Ron,

Interesting. I have 2007 and a file I created also uses pictures to launch
a couple of macros without any problem.
But I do realise that each computer seems to find its own problems with this
version. I believe the 2007 Ultimate version doesn't have the same problems
as Professional, etc.

Rob

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi ss

After a lot of testing in your workbook I found the problem

The problem is that you use pictures instead of buttons to run your
macro's.
Excel 2007 not like that.
The only way to avoid this problem is to replace the pictures for Forms ot
ActiveX buttons I think.
I will test more and if there is another option I post back

I will create a bug report for this and send it to MS

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"ss" wrote in message
,

you are right. when I am closing the file by opening the VBA window side
by it, it is not giving me the error. " wrote:

On Jan 30, 9:45 am, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Is it one workbook that have this problem ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"ss" wrote in
Ron,

I tried repair of office.
Still it is giving me the same error while closing the form.

can you suggest me any thing else to try?

TIA
ss

"ss" wrote:

How can I do a repair of Office?
Is there any tool within Office 2007 for this?

Thanks

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Try a repair of Office

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"ss" wrote in
Yes,

I did as said by you. But it does nothing.
I have opened the form in safe mode.
Still it is giving the same error.

"ss" wrote:

Ron,

Yes, I ran the Office diagnostics, I showed me the message
that " one
problem has repaired by the Office diagnostics"

but, even after that also, It is giving me the same error.

Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to
close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience.
Unless I uncheck the Restat Microsoft Office Excel, it is
opening the blank
excel form.

what is wrong with this?

Thanks

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi ss

Try this first

Run Office Diagnostics.
Office ButtonExcel Options...Resources

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"ss" wrote in

I am using Excel 2007.
Each time I Close Excel I get an error box (Microsoft
Office Excel has
encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for
the
inconvenience) and if I don't un-check "restart microsof
office" it will
restart Excel. What can this problem be?

Thanks

I am having the same problem. My Excel 2007 is an upgrade from 2003
(which thankfully is still installed). I did, however, discover that
if I have macros in my workbook, or if I just bring up the macro
editor (alt-F11), no problem occurs when I close the file. I'm not
suggesting this as a workaround but only offer it as another clue.

Don