Wazooli

Indeed I am. Here is my actual formula:

=VLOOKUP(Chr_choice,table,5,FALSE),

where Chr_choice is a cell linked to my combo box that is populated from a
subtable of table. Table has 7 columns, with the fifth being the start
address I want. I used ADDRESS to populate the table according to
Chr_choice. My VLOOKUP formula works great if the choices are "X", "Y", or
"All", but fails for chromosomes 1-22. In addition, if I hard code the
chromosome number into the VLOOKUP formula, it works. It seems to be having
a problem with the fact the Chr_choice is linked to a combo box.

"Alan" wrote:

Are you using the fourth argument on the VLOOKUP? eg
=VLOOKUP(A1,AD!:AF200,2,FALSE)
=VLOOKUP(FindWhat,LookWhere?,WhichColumn?,FindExac tMatch)

"Wazooli" wrote in message
I am having the following problem with VLOOKUP:

I have a cell linked to a combo box that chooses from 23 values, 21 of
which
are numerical, and 2 which are letters. Linking the cell is easy, but
when I
try and use the linked cell value in a VLOOKUP, it only works for the
letter
choices. The numbers give me a #NA error. I am sure all the ranges are
good, and my list is even sorted in ascending order. i thought VLOOKUP
was
giving me a hard time because the numbers were in "General" format, so I
converted them using TEXT, but still no joy. Please help.

wazooli