Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Subtraction

=H2-H3 to subtract

If =AVERAGE(H2,H3) is giving you #DIV/0! it sounds as if you haven't got
numbers in those cells. Perhaps you've got text? Look at =ISNUMBER(H2)
and =ISTEXT(H2). Perhaps you've got spaces or other non-printing
characters?
--
David Biddulph

"Rookie" wrote in message
I have been trying to subtract 2 simple numbers. I can do it by entering
the
formula =123-111 but would to make a formula where I could use the cell as
reference (ie H2-H3)

I have also been trying to find the average of 2 numbers. I use
=AVERAGE(H2,H3)
I get #DIV/0! I can't seem to get it to divide by 2.