Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

Default If Statement to select a letter

you could try:
=IF(RIGHT(A1,1)="i", "inside", IF(RIGHT(A1,1)="o", "outside",""))

"Karl" wrote:

Hello,
I have a column containing trap names which are labeled as a letter followed
by and number and an "i" or "o" depending on whether its and inside trap or
outside trap. So I want to make a column using an If statement that if the
trap name column contains an "i" its value is inside and if not its value is
outside.

Example Data is shown below

Column A Column B
Trap Name Trap Location
A1i If Column A contains "*i" value = inside, if not value
= outside.
A12o
B12i

Just wondering if this is possible and what my IF statement should read.
Thanks