crunchh

hello thanks for all your replies.
unfortunately there is no given relationship (at least simple ) that I can see
It was more a general problem
I was aiming at getting rid of encapsulating many if (and also sometimes i
have more than 7 case possible)

the lookup function works just fine but if there is another way around i
would be glad to know it

to be more precise a basic example would be a rating system
if a student has between 0-2 he gets a comment
if he has between 2-4 a different one etc up to grade 20
which makes 10 case possible and not only 7 like possible with if function

anyway as I said before lookup works but i m wondering if there is another
possibility (maybe just for the sake of it , I tend to be a bit maniac)

anyway once again thank you all for the time you are spending and for your
help.
Thank you very much

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Post more about your requirements & people here will give you several options
that will work.

For instacne, is there a set relationship between your pairs of values

is it always if <1 then 3
is it always if <2 then 8
is it always if <4 then 28
etc

"crunchh" wrote:

hello I have seen that it is impossible to nest more than 7 if

I tryed to find if there wheere something counter this proble like a switch
case function in other language something like that
swith
case A1<1 do A2=3
case A1<2 do A2=8
case A1<4 do A2=28