Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mscureman mscureman is offline

Default Auto Populate from a Mater List into Sub Sheets

Wow! That sure was fast! Thanks! Well, I think I'm closer now, but I'm
still not getting the data to transfer from the main register (sheet named
"Check Register") even when I changed the sheet name to WS1 to match your
formula. For further clarification, my rows to be transferred begin on Row 6
and go through 92 or so (but this will grow as the year goes by). Also, I
have a blank column K and my row formula begins in L (L6). Each of the
sheets looks exactly the same as the main sheet, so that data will begin to
poplulate at B6. I adjusted the J in your offset parameter to K, but I must
be missing something else.

"Max" wrote:

Here's a link to a sample customised to suit your specs with key col = col E:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3bi99
Auto_populate_from_master_to_child_shts_key col E.xls

You don't need to touch this part:
.. replace "Filename" with when you define the WSN name.

--
Max
Singapore
"mscureman" wrote:
Max, I am facing a similar dilemma and have applied your solution to the
best of my abilities so far, but I am having trouble knowing what to replace
"Filename" with when you define the WSN name. Also, my version of Banker's
"rank 1, rank 2, etc." is non-numeric (E, P, M, etc.) and not situated in the
first column, but in column E. Therefor, if Column E contains "P", the
entire row should propogate onto the sheet named "Payroll", if it contains an
"E", it goes to the sheet named "Expenses" and "M" for "Materials". I went
through your formulas on the Rank 1, Rank 2, Rank 3 and Rank 4 worksheets and
am trying to identify the variables that I should change for my sheets, but I
think I'm stuck on the WSN thing first. BTW, this is a modification of the
checkbook register for Excel 97 or later (I'm using 2002) that is found on
the microsoft free templates site. The modification is to allow tagging of
each transaction as a specific type so that it can be extracted to and viewed
on a separate worksheet with other transactions of its type. I've also added
a column with a formula that keeps track of the balance of the rows that have
an "X" in the "cleared" column to make balancing the checkbook automatic.

Mark