Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default IF formula from range

Can you explain how you " paste songs into an excel sheet "? If this
is a straight copy/paste then can't you include the "speed" cell at
the same time?

If you want a formula solution, then you would normally use VLOOKUP
for this - check it out in Excel Help.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 7, 12:14*pm, Sharmon wrote:
Hi, have been breaking my head on this, i think it's simple, but can't seeem
to figure it out:

I have a list of songs. There are three types of songs - fast, medium and
slow.
These have already been categorized and put into columns with headings of F,
M and S.

What i need is, whenever i paste songs into an excel sheet i need the column
after that to show automatically F, M or S using my categorized list as a
reference.

I've tried using IF, but am not able to use it with a range i.e the
categorized columns. Or am i off the mark? Should i convert the list to 3
different databases or something?

Please help... :(