Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Steve[_8_] Steve[_8_] is offline

Default Remove 'Symbols' When Importing

--
Steve
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
If you don't have any other shapes on that worksheet...

After pasting
edit|goto|special|objects
and hit the delete key on the keyboard

If they don't disappear, try clicking on the design mode icon on the
control
toolbox toolbar (xl2003 toolbars), then do the edit|goto stuff again.

Steve wrote:

When I import pages from the internet into Excel, I often have a bunch of
Internet 'symbols' or 'links'.

Examples a little tick symbols from a stockbroker which link to "trade
this stock" type pages, or stock symbols underlined in blue, which take
me
to a stock chart.

These are fine on the internet page, but I don't want them in my Excel
table.

I know I can eliminate them by using 'Copy' and 'Paste Special/Values' to
new page in Excel, but is there a simpler way to 'turn off' these things?

Steve

--

Dave Peterson

Dave,

Sorry for the late reply.
Your suggestion doesn't work in my case (maybe because I'm using Excel
2000?).

Being more specific, can I change some Excel formatting so that imported
stock symbols which appear in Blue and Underlined (like an internet link or
URL) are re-formatted as normal text?

Steve