Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PR[_2_] PR[_2_] is offline

Default Multiple Rows Into One

Pete,
here is a sample of my data see...

Sheffield Stadium The Global Windows Queen Mother Memorial Cup
Heats 19 February 2008 Winner £100 660m Flat, 24 greyhounds &
4 resvs
Entries close Noon 15 February 2008
5% of the winners' prize money to be donated to the Sheffield Retired
Greyhound Fund.
Sheffield Stadium The Global Windows Queen Mother Memorial Cup
Semi Finals 26 February 2008 Winner £150 660m Flat, 12 greyhounds
Sheffield Stadium The Global Windows Queen Mother Memorial Cup
Final 02 March 2008 Winner £4000 and trophy 2nd £500 660m Flat, 6
greyhounds
Monmore Green Stadium The Ladbrokes Spring Festival 630
Heats 03 March 2008 Winner £175 2nd £50 630m Flat, 18 greyhounds &
6 resvs
Entries close 11.00am 28 February 2008

Regards - Paul

"Pete_UK" wrote in message
Well. if you would like a formula suggesting, then please give some
details about the layout of your data.

Pete

On Feb 6, 11:30 am, "PR" wrote:
Pete,
Many thanks for your reply, yes I do understand what you say... I can
indicate the start of a new record, I do have other data against the row
of
data, but this fine. In total I have 500 rows which is about 250 ish
records..

Regards - Paul

"Pete_UK" wrote in message

If there is no pattern, then how would you expect an Excel formula to
deduce that a particular row is the start of a new record? What other
data do you have? Can this be used to determine a new record? Is it
possible for you manually to enter a character like "Y" in appropriate
cells to indicate start of new record? (i.e. how much data do you
have?)

Pete

On Feb 6, 11:05 am, "PR" wrote:

Is there a quick way of turning text that is on multiple rows into one
row,
one problem that have with this, is that I have text say in 4-7 that I
what
all in row 4, then the next maybe row 8 & 9 into row 8, then the next
maybe
row 12-14 into row 12 and so on. They is no pattern to this...

Regards - Paul- Hide quoted text -