Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default find last row value in column when using MATCH to find column

Your MATCH formula will return the relative position of the cell in
the horizontal range you use. If this number is less than 27, then you
can convert the number to a letter by means of:

CHAR(x+64)

where x is the output from your MATCH formula. Perhaps you can then
incorporate this letter in your formula by means of the INDIRECT
function, along the lines of:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(INDIRECT(CHAR(x+64)&"1:"&CHAR(x
+64)&"65535")<""),INDIRECT(CHAR(x+64)&"1:"&CHAR(x +64)&"65535"))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 6, 5:04*pm, Bouce wrote:
Thanks, I had found that but I don't have the definite "A" reference, it
could be any column in the range.

"Gaurav" wrote:
=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<""),A1:A65535)

This will pull the last value in the column.

"Bouce" wrote in message
Hi

I have a problem where I use MATCH to find a column with a specific
heading
and then I want to find the last value in the column.
I would like to achieve this just using formulas in the worksheet if
possible
All the solutions I have found require the Column letter ("B") instead of
reference.
My match range does start at column A as 1 if that helps.
Thanks- Hide quoted text -