Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sunnyskies Sunnyskies is offline

Default Sorting rows into a row

Afternoon from Sunny South Africa,

I have got a General Ledger download of a customers account. There are two
row per transaction, which management now wants into one row.

I was trying to use the following principle, if I sequenced the rows 1 to
whatever, then copied the rows so that they lined up with each row, row
sequence # 2 on the left and row sequence # 2 to its right. If I was then
able to only select the odd numbered sequenced rows on the right then the
information would make one long row. Question? How do I only sort even and
odd numbers.

Or do you have a simpler solution. Unfortunately the Dr and Cr side of the
transaction does not have anything in common (i.e transaction number etc)
with each other, so you cannot use vlookup.

Thanks