Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default date intervals calculation

Why is your 1 WEEK entry showing 13/02/2008 - shouldn't it be 12th
Feb? Ans shouldn't 3 months hence be in May? Do the days represent
elapsed days or working days? Not sure where 90 comes from.

Would you like to re-submit your example?

Pete

On Feb 5, 3:33*pm, martyn wrote:
I want to set out a table below which works in all circumstances. I am using
Excel 2003:

Effective date * *?

Date Interval * Date * *Days
OVERNIGHT * * * *? * * * * * * * ? * * *
1 WEEK * * * * *? * * * * * * * *?
1 MONTH * * * * ? * * * * * * * *?
3 MONTHS * * * * * * * *
6 MONTHS * * * * * * * *
12 MONTHS

for instance for 5/ feb 2008

Date Interval * Date * *Days
OVERNIGHT * * * 6/2/08 *1
1 WEEK * * * * *13/2/08 * * 7
1 MONTH * * * * 5/3/08 * * *29
3 MONTHS * * * * * * * *7/4/08 * * *62
6 MONTHS * * * * * * * *5/8/08 * * *90
12 MONTHS * * * 5/2/09 * *366

So as you can see it should take into account leap years AND must be on the
next week day * if the date falls at a weekend eg 7/4/08