Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bowtie63 Bowtie63 is offline

Default Date Formats in Text Box

Thanks, Mike! It's a text box. It's part of a form created in VB. Thanks!

"Mike Rogers" wrote:

Bowtie63

You have some information conflicks. Is this a "Text Box" or a cell where
text is entered. If it is a cell I would GOTODataValidation. In the
"settings tab" select the drop down arrow for "Allow" and select "date".
Under the input message tab I would explain that only a date is to be entered
here. Under the Error tab I would again explain that nothing else will ever
be accepted, and "OK" out. Now the only thing that you need to do is set your
formating (under "formate cell"). Now only a date with the assigned
formating will be seen in that cell.

Mike Rogers

"Bowtie63" wrote:

Hi! I have a question that I didn't seem to find in the threads. I'm using
Excel 2003. I have a form with a text box for users to enter a date. Is
there a way to make the text box set for date format and provide the
'##/##/####' for the users to see? I have the cells associated with this
field in the worksheet set in 10 digit date format. I would like to have the
date template so that the users won't enter something different or
non-conforming. I know this can be done in an Access form, but I'm not
allowed to use Access because of corporate policy (you don't want to hear the
explanation). I'll be anxious to hear your tips. Thanks!