Allan

Thanks for your response, but there is no change in the behavior.
I want a live connection. As it is when I insert it into Word document,
there is about an inch on the botttom and 2 inches on the right of white
space. The result is that I have a spreadsheet sitting inside an island of
blank space , and I cannot place text any closer than the boundry of the
white space.

Thanks

Allan
"Bill Manville" wrote in message
Do you need it to be a live spreadsheet object in the Word document?
If not, copy a picture of the area of the spreadsheet rather than a
full spreadsheet object.
(Select the area and Shift+Edit / Copy Picture)

Otherwise, hide the excess rows and columns (Format / Column / Hide)

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England