Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bill Kuunders Bill Kuunders is offline

Default Sum Cell Values of one column based on Another Cell Value in a different column

=sumproduct(--(F1:F1000="B"),(E1:E1000))
sumproduct needs a defined column length. I selected 1000

or you could try =sumif(F1:F1000,"B",E1:E1000)

with a sumproduct formula you can have more than one condition

see.....http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html
--
Greetings from New Zealand

"kristenb via OfficeKB.com" <u35894@uwe wrote in message
Hi All!

I need to place the sum of certain cell values in a separate cell. Easy
enough, except for one thing:

Here's the deal. If F21 has "B" in it, that's when I need E21's value
added.
If there is ANYTHING else in column F, don't add the value of the
corresponding E column cell. I would like a function formula that I will
place in E6 that will work for the entire columns E & F.

Let me know if you need additional information to understand my query.

Thank you!
Kristen