Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Sum Cell Values of one column based on Another Cell Value in a dif

hi
sumif????
=sumif(F:F,"b",E:E)
but you can't put the formula in E6 else you would be a circular reference
error.
you could modify to something like
=sumif(F5:F500,"b",E5:E500) or what ever.

regards
FSt1

"kristenb via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hi All!

I need to place the sum of certain cell values in a separate cell. Easy
enough, except for one thing:

Here's the deal. If F21 has "B" in it, that's when I need E21's value added.
If there is ANYTHING else in column F, don't add the value of the
corresponding E column cell. I would like a function formula that I will
place in E6 that will work for the entire columns E & F.

Let me know if you need additional information to understand my query.

Thank you!
Kristen