Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
John John is offline

Default Automate Merge

Hi Max,
What a trip, I feel relieved and a bit embarresed at the same time. Thank
you for sorting it out and another thank you for your patience!! I have just
used it on 2245 bank movements (a years worth) so you can see that this this
is an excellent tool. i.e hours of work in a second or two.
All of the best
John

"Max" wrote:

You inadvertently introduced an error for the formulas in col E
In E2 down, you had: =IF(C3="",D2&" "&D3," ")

It should have been in E2 down:
=IF(C3="",D2&" "&D3,"")
The false return should be a null string: "", not a single space

Once you correct the above, col F will return correctly
--
Max
Singapore
"John" wrote: