Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Dialog Boxes

Right-click on the Excel Icon left of "File" on the menubar.

Select "View Code" and paste the code into that module.

I would make one change to isolate to one specific worksheet.

If Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B1").Value < Range("C1").Value Then

Alt + q to return to the Excel window.

Save your workbook.

Re-open, edit B1 to not equal C1 and try to save the workbook.

Message will pop up and Save will be cancelled.

NOTE: if B1 and C1 are both blank the workbook will save.

Does that count as "being the same"?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:29:01 -0800, stacy05
wrote:

Okay, where do I go to input this equation?

"FSt1" wrote:

hi again,
perhaps i should have mentions that this is this workbook event code and
goes in a thisworkbook module and not a standard module.

regards
FSt1

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
assuming your cells to equal are b1 and c1(change if needed), try this...
If Range("B1").Value < Range("C1").Value Then
MsgBox ("Reimbursable data does not equal!!")
Cancel = True

this is before save event which means they can't save the file untill the 2
cells are equal.
if that is undesirable then you might want to concider the before close
event where they wont be able to close the file until the 2 cells are equal.

Regards
FSt1

"stacy05" wrote:

I don't know if this is possible in Excel, but here is what I want to do.

I want to create a "check" for the users. Basically 2 cells need to equal
eachother before they can sumbit the worksheet. What I would like to happen
is if the 2 cells don't equal a dialog block pops up saaying "Reimbursable
data does not equal!!".

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
Stacy