Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Dialog Boxes

hi
open the vb editor(alt+F11)
in the project windowfar left) of the vb editor, expand your project(file)
and click on this workbook.
in the left dropdown above the code window(big window,far right), select
this workbook.
sub workbook_open will default. delete it
in the right dropdown above the code window, select wither before save or
before close(which ever you decided)
paste this between sub and end sub..

If Range("B1").Value < Range("C1").Value Then
MsgBox ("Reimbursable data does not equal!!")
Cancel = True
End If

close the vb editor and save the file
done

regards
FSt1

"stacy05" wrote:

Okay, where do I go to input this equation?

"FSt1" wrote:

hi again,
perhaps i should have mentions that this is this workbook event code and
goes in a thisworkbook module and not a standard module.

regards
FSt1

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
assuming your cells to equal are b1 and c1(change if needed), try this...
If Range("B1").Value < Range("C1").Value Then
MsgBox ("Reimbursable data does not equal!!")
Cancel = True

this is before save event which means they can't save the file untill the 2
cells are equal.
if that is undesirable then you might want to concider the before close
event where they wont be able to close the file until the 2 cells are equal.

Regards
FSt1

"stacy05" wrote:

I don't know if this is possible in Excel, but here is what I want to do.

I want to create a "check" for the users. Basically 2 cells need to equal
eachother before they can sumbit the worksheet. What I would like to happen
is if the 2 cells don't equal a dialog block pops up saaying "Reimbursable
data does not equal!!".

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
Stacy