Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ptrip ptrip is offline

Default Using cell content as reference in formula

You have managed to answer a question I didn't yet have ... thanks!

"Michael" wrote:

Use the ampersand to concatenate the values for Example
If you have selected column "C" to hold the worksheet name, and you still
want to show the value of 'P1'!$L$52 you would something like this:

='P1'!$L$52&$C1 and so on....

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"ptrip" wrote:

I have a simple formula which reads:

='P1'!$L$52

Where 'P1' is a worksheet name.

I want the value 'P1' to be the contents of another cell.

Reason being:

This worksheet is a summary worksheet. Each row contains multiple values
(or formulas) from a different worksheet. I'd like to have one column where I
type the worksheet name and have that name automatically inserted into the
formulas throughout the row.

I apologize if this has been asked a hundred times before, I just don't know
a good search string to enter!

Thanks for your help.