Bob Phillips

If that formula is in M84, you have a problem, as the cell cannot contain a
formula and a value, and doesn't like to refer to itself.

--

HTH

RP

"Pat" wrote in message
This may have been asked before but I had no idea what to search for. My
question is this:

Is it possible to make an IF Statement that says "If there is any value at
all in this cell, then leave the cell blank, if not then do this formula"

Here is my formula right now: =IF(M84=0,"",G84+1)
I'm pretty sure it's what I want, but I think Excel is reading a "blank
cell" as equal to "0", so I guess that's my problem. I apologize if this
doesn't make much sense and I can clarify if needed. I appreciate all

input
and suggestions!
Thank you,
Patrick