gavin

Default Negative times

I've been trying to put together a timesheet to record the hours that my
colleagues work. It consists of 13 4 week sheets to give a full year of
records.

The base time for a 4 week block is 144 (yeah, I know we got it easy!!!) but
it is permitted to work fewer hours than that and carry over a debit and to
make up that time in the next block.

I am having real problems trying to manipulate negative times and to
therefore get the carry over working - any help with this would be greatly
appreciated.

I have two cells which both compare actual time worked with the base time.
If the balance is positive I get a number in one cell (X hours credit) and
if the balance is negative I get another number in the other cell (X hours
debit - but this is still a positive number). I have been trying to get
whichever cell has a figure in it to feed into a cell on the ensuing sheet -
but if it is a debit figure I can't get it to subtract.

I think I am probably going about this the wrong. I guess ideally I would
rather have just one cell showing either a negative or positive time and
then have this feed into the next sheet.

Thanks in advance,

Gavin