Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David franklin David franklin is offline

Default excel formula help Please

Sorry if question is not clear. if cell is 48" or less I want to add 3" to
the cell examples (48+3=51) (25 + 3 =28) if cell is 49 or greater the I want
to add 6" to cell (50 +6 =56) ... in one cell (c11) I will put the number in
a different cell (D15) I want the answer

"Tyro" wrote:

You cannot change a cell in Excel with a formula in the cell. You can
however change another cell with a formula based on a cell. For example, if
the value in cell A1 is a 6, put a 3 in cell B1. But you cannot change cell
A1 to be 3 if cell A1 is a 6. That is called a circular reference. It's like
saying: I have a formula, and if the formula produces the answer 6, replace
the formula with the value 3. The formula is gone.

Tyro

"David franklin" wrote in message
I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? Description of
what
I want.:

if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but if
cell
is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell Can some one help Please. I
am
new with excel and am not sure how to do this.. Thanks