Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default adding up vlookup values in one column and in between them

Jerry summed it up nicely.

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JLatham" <HelpFrom @ Jlathamsite.com.(removethis) wrote in message
Not a real problem, we realize that often people don't know what's
important
or pertinent and what's not. There's also often a 'vocabulary' problem,
which we deal with as needed (example: you don't have lines around a cell,
you have borders).

And sometimes we even find ourselves at the other end of the pendulum
swing:
so much information that it's hard to pick out what's important and what's
not.

As far as anyone claiming a question is a dumb one - not in these forums.
The whole concept is to assist users of all experience/skill levels in
Excel,
and we often get the first-time user. The idea here is to share our
experience and knowledge, not tell others how much 'smarter' we are than
they
are. It's not a question of 'smarts'; it's a matter of experience with
the
tool.

I'm simply glad that a good solution was found for you.

"observer" wrote:

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 14:31:46 -0500, "T. Valko"
wrote:

the numbers are decreasing in value as you
go down the column

Sum values in column A that are between 2 boundaries (inclusive):

99
87
66
59
50
49
28

C1 = 87
D1 = 49

=SUMIF(A1:A7,"<="&C1)-SUMIF(A1:A7,"<"&D1)

Thank you. I think this simplicity will help me a lot. I understand
tho that others may not have been able to help me without more details
and I apologize for that but in my defense when you are totally
ignorant, it's hard to know which details are necessary to give :( .

This newsgroup is still a nice bunch of people 'cause they don't tell
you how stupid you are for asking a question (like myself in this
case). Always appreciate this newsgroup for their wealth of
knowledge, willingness to offer it for free and in a short time.

Thank you to all of you for the help!