Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
caldog[_2_] caldog[_2_] is offline

Default Finding Next Occurrence

Example for my above post:
A B C D E F G H I J K
L M
Line 14 Data 301 $19,201.28
Line 15 Data 301
547.98
Line 16 Total 301
$19,749.26

OR

Line 14 Data 451 $24,951.65
Line 15 Total 451
$24,951.65

Hopes this example helps you in understanding what I am trying to do.

On Feb 3, 2:40*pm, caldog wrote:
I download each morning off the web information that is download as an
Excel document. *Well right now, I am trying to get the "Index and
match" function to work. *It works on the very first occurrence of an
item, but I cannot seem to figure out how to make it work in every
occurrence. *Sometimes my first criteria will not even appear on that
day's information, and sometimes there could be as many as five
appearances. *Therefore, what I am trying to do in my "Index and
Match" formula is locate the first occurrence and my first, and then
if any others appear extract them as well. *Now they will always
appear, if they appear for that on line 14, of the download.

He is the formula that I am presently using:

{=INDEX('[CBHI-0129.xls]Sheet1'!$L$2:$L$100,MATCH(1,($I
$27='[CBHI-0129.xls]Sheet1'!$J$2:$J
$100)*("Data"='[CBHI-0129.xls]Sheet1'!$H$2:$H$100),0))}

Where I27 is what I am trying to match to in CBHI-0129, and this is
what could occur or could not occur, each day. *In CBHI-0129 column H,
there can be the word Total or Data, all intermingled.