Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
henriques henriques is offline

Default Formula

Dear Mike
It doesn't work. The example in an excel table is like this

A1 1000 (Investment)
B1 2%
B2 8%
A3 60 B3 61
A4 50 B4 52
A5 75 B5 76
A6 100 B6 110
A7 8 B7 6
A3,A4,A5,A6.A7 are subscription date
B3,B4,B5,B6,B7 are determination date
In this example, because 4 of 5 shares are grater at determination date then
in subscription date the rate to apply will be 8%, but if you change, for
example A6 to 90, then we have 2 shares with value at determination date less
then at subscription date, and then the rate should be 2%.

"Mike H" wrote:

I don't know what you algorithm for calculating interest is but to see if 4
or more of your share values have incresed try this:-

=IF(COUNT(IF(A1:A5B1:B5,A1:A5,FALSE))=4,"4 or more have increased","Less
than 4 have increased")

You start values are in A1 - A5 and the end values in b1 - B5. Its an array
so enter with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Mike

"henriques" wrote:

I need a formula that calculates interest to receive if at least 4 of 5
shares are higher at determination date then subscription date. I tried with
=if(and/or, but it is not enough because those logical operators applies to
all shares.