Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
PR Kid PR Kid is offline

Default count

Thank you for your help, however using your formula only counts how many
times a manager's name shows up, what I whanted to do was show how many times
the manager's name shows up under each code.

ie: bob has a total of 3 terms, two under code 8 and 1 under code 5
--
Have a great day

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Your sample layout or try to count bob for reason 2
=sumproduct((a2:a22="bob")*(b2:b22=2))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"PR Kid" wrote in message
I have a table that shows all the employees that have been termed. I want
count how many different codes each manager has used in a given amount of
time.
ie: bob termed 10 employees using codes 2,3,5,9,12,2,5. what formula can
use to show me: two terms code 2, two term code 5 an so on for a total
term
of 7 employees

Have a great day