Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default conditional formatting 2007

I *didn't* set the Type for a Percentile rank. I set the Type to Percent.

See my reply to your other reply.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tyro" wrote in message
t...
What's strange about dividing 39% to 75% into thirds?

Regards, :)

Tyro

"T. Valko" wrote in message
I can verify that behavior but I've only been using 2007 for a couple of
weeks and haven't yet discovered all the new "strange, unexplained"
happenings!

I did get it to work properly if you set the Type as NUMBER and then use
decimals as the boundaries:

=0.67
=0.33

But, using your original settings add new entries to the list in column B
and see what happens:

B11 = 30%
B12 = 25%
B13 = 20%
B14 = 2%

WTH? (what the heck?)

Hmmm...

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"DianneZ" wrote in message
Distribution Capacity
Atlantic 75%
Southwest 73%
Northwest 69%
North Central 54%
Mountain West 51%
Northeast 47%
Central 41%
Midwest 40%
Southeast 39%
the results of conditional formatting don't make sense to me,
on the example provided above :
if I apply "Icon sets" that look like the traffic lights
it applies green when value is = 67 %
applies yellow when value is <67% and = 33%
applies red when <33%

But in fact the last four values on the list show as red????
In my estimation only the last value should show as red...
Am I missing something here??
Thanks!
Dianne