Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default "add parenthesis"

Regardless of the problem with your formula, look at it! You have two (2)
left parentheses and one (1) right parenthesis. Parentheses must be
balanced, an equal number of left and right parentheses.

Tyro

"PatrickP" wrote in message
I type in the following formula and keep getting the error message that it
is
missing a parenthesis. No error message when using the "pop up" window to
assist with the formula but when I hit "enter" I get the parenthesis
notification. However, I have added them everywhere I can think of it is
still getting rejected. BTW, what I am trying to tell Excel is "If there
is
a 0 in one cell AND an X in another cell, count it."

=COUNTIF(AND(Attendance!D6=0,Violations!C6="X")

What am I mising?