Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steph Steph is offline

Default VLOOKUP with IF

I've scoured this site for the past hour and can't seem to use any of your
suggestions to get my formula to work. I'm sure it's just a misplaced
character or something but can someone help?

If my VLOOKUP value is not found in a second workbook, I need to return the
word UNCLASSIFIED. If the value is found, return the value 5 columns to the
right.

Here is my formula:
equalIF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C3,'[filename.xls]tabname'!$A:$F,5)),UNCLASSIFIED,VLOOKUP(C3,'[filename]tabname'!$A:$F,5))

I can get the VLOOKUP to work fine using:
equalVLOOKUP(C3,'[filename]tabname'!$A:$F,5,FALSE)
But I get tripped up when trying to add the IF statement to it.

--
Thanks so much!