Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed Cones Ed Cones is offline

Default Moving/Copying Worksheets

It works on my Excel 2003 and 2007. I'm talking about clicking on the column
header (A, B, C, D . . . .) and dragging across to highlight the entire
column. Copying and pasting from there will get all formatting -- at least
on mine.

I'm probably not using the right name for what I'm calling "column headers."
;o)

"Teacher" wrote:

Yes, thank you; however, in Excel 2007 the copied worksheet takes on the
format that is alrady in another sheet in the workbook. How do we keep the
original format in the sheet from the source workbook?

Thank you.

"Ed Cones" wrote:

You can also use your mouse and click in the column headers or row headers
and drag across the columns or rows you want, right-click and copy (or
Ctrl-C). When you paste it to a new spreadsheet you'll get formatting. This
also works for specific rows or columns instead of the entire sheet.

"Teacher" wrote:

How do I keep the same format in a worksheet after it is moved/copied to
another workbook?