Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Excel links problem

Probably the linked-to cell has become formatted as TEXT. Reformat it for
GENERAL, and all should be well...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Wikegolfa" wrote:

I have a workbook in which the data in one sheet is linked to the data in
another using a formula like ='Sheet1'!A1. The source cell contains text and
I want the same text to appear in the linked cell.

Instead of seeing the text in the destination cell I see instead the
formula. Calculation is set to automatic and pressing F9 makes no difference.

What do I need to do to see the linked text instead of the formula?