Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default organizing data imported via xml

Why would you need Text to Rows if you want the contents split into 3 cells in 3
columns per your example?

Text to Columns will do that

Try =TRIM(A1) to see if the extra spaces will clear then muck about with Text to
Columns

Or maybe turn off wrap text if enabled.

You might have control characters like Alt + 0010 you could use to split out to
3 cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:49:02 -0800, Roger
wrote:

I have data that is all being put into one cell and I am trying to find a way
to "extract" pieces of the info into separate cells, much like the "text to
columns" function, but I need "text to rows"

the data is organized like this:

Weight:
25 lbs

Dim:
12 X 12 X 12

Color Red

All that info is in one cell, spaced exactly how you see it above.

I would like it to be split into separate cells like this
Wieght 25lbs -- Dim: 12 X 12 X 12 -- Color Red

Hope this makes sense to someone that has a solution