Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wal50 wal50 is offline

Default Pivot Table - month groups

Yep, it's true grouping with actual dates.
Thanks for the quick answer which, of course, works. Also, I found that
grouping by years and months also does what I needed.
Thanks again.
WAL50

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Are you doing true grouping in your spreadsheet based on actual dates? If so
then you can just sort the column using Field Setting - Advanced -
AutoSort. If not then you need to create a custom list to base your sort on...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"wal50" wrote:

Each month my pivot table groups 3 months of data by month. The report has
shown the months in order (Sept/Oct/Nov; Oct/Nov/Dec). As the year changed
this month's table shows the data as Jan/Nov/Dec. The source of the date is
mm/dd/yyyy. How can I change the table format to show the data as
Nov/Dec/Jan ?
Thanks in advance.
wal50